Thursday, February 14, 2008

No More Binky!

It was my goal by Camden's first birthday that he would only use the binky for bedtime and rides in the car. He was too quiet when the binky was in his mouth and he was playing. I love to hear him chatter away and I didn't want the binky to get in the way of speech development (or talking through his binky). So at around 10 months we started this process. It was fairly easy. When he would get up from his nap we would drop the binky in his bed and wave bye-bye to it. He was fairly easy going about this and never put up a fight. Now he is almost one and he rarely has his binky when he is up and playing (unless I am just having one of those days). Then I started to notice that Camden always had something else in his mouth. One day he liked the stoppers to his sippy cups (which we quickly put away because they are a choking hazard). Since then it has been big plastic toy screws, a plastic cup, and mushy balls and blocks. So my grand plan didn't work so well. Oh well. I am happy at least it isn't the binky, and hopefully he will move past this oral stage quickly. I'm sure when we post on our website: http://www.stevenandjessie.com/ in the next couple of weeks you will see lots of pictures of Camden with something in his mouth.

No comments: