Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's a Girl!!

We are proud to announce the birth of our niece Ava Lee Meyers. My sister had a baby today. I need to give you some background before I go into her details. My sister's due date was my very same due date for Camden a year ago. Today is Camden's first birthday. So my sister and I were due on the same day and had babies on the same day one year apart. We must have a strong sister connection. Anyway back to Ava Lee. She was born around 10:20 am today. She weighs 8 pounds and 7oz. She is twenty inches long and has black curly hair just like her mom did. She gets her middle from me and I am so honored. I want to cry every time I think about it. I am going to meet her tonight after we have a little birthday celebration for Camden with both of his Grandma's at Red Robin. I will post pictures soon. We give God the glory for this new little blessing in our family.

2 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Wow congratulations!!! I can't believe you guys had your babies on the same day! How strange is that! I was just telling someone yesterday about how you, your sister, and your mom have the same smoking dream. You girls are a little scary!

Cheryl Gilbert said...

Jessie, your post title sure gave me a double-take! I thought "I didn't know they were pregnant again!" Hee hee! Anyway, that's very fun! Thanks for your comments on "Nakey Boy" - I definitely had to shoot several photos to get the ones in which he was strategically posed! He kept moving just as the picture took. :)