Friday, February 8, 2008

Christmas (finally)

Ok, it is February and Camden is almost one. I still haven't updated my blog about Christmas. I am going to try to have it all updated soon. I am also working on making my blog as spiffy as my sister-in-law Diana's. She made hers really cool and I am trying to be as cool as her.

Christmas was not at all how I envisioned it. I have been putting off blogging it. For those of you who don't know I was really sick over Christmas and in the hospital. It was hard to come up with a diagnosis but the doctors finally landed on severe food poisoning (I don't think I will ever have sushi again). After three days in the hospital I was released in the evening of Christmas day. I was still very weak for a week and a half after that. My mom and my sister helped out for a few days and Steven's mom flew out to help us for a little over a week. We were grateful for all of the help. I had to stop breastfeeding and switch Camden to a sippy cup with formula. He was a champ and did well throughout the entire ordeal. He has been an easy going happy baby (just like his mommy was as a baby).

We celebrated Christmas late. We are grateful that Camden didn't know the difference. We are also thankful that I do not have a chronic illness. God took care of us and he continues to watch over us.

We look forward to a wonderful 2008!

1 comment:

Daryl & Diana said...

Jessie, we are so glad that after all that your illness turned out to "just" be food poisoning. I stole my new look from my friend Teresa (her link is on my blog). Daryl had to help me a little... well maybe I pretty much told him what I wanted and he did it...