Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Calories for Camden

Yesterday I took Camden to his doctor for his one year check up. Mostly everything was good (I will talk more about that later) but we had some areas to work on. The biggest thing was that Camden needs to weigh more. I will admit that feeding him has been my biggest challenge (everything was so easy when I supplied him everything he needed). When he began to eat solid food I tried to keep everything really healthy. I believe you create what kind of eating habits they will have for the rest of their lives in the first two years. With the rise of obesity and the direction our health crazed country has taken I'll admit I jumped on board the "health train". What it comes down to is Camden needs more calories in his diet. I take him back for a weight check in six weeks. We are asking for your prayer that we could feed Camden more calories without becoming obsessed and creating any negative eating habits. Camden seems to also be on the picky side. That doesn't help the situation (the kid doesn't like pudding). We would appreciate your prayers and if any of you have any tips on maximizing the calories at meal time we would also appreciate those. I will keep you posted at his next weight check-up.

1 comment:

Daryl & Diana said...

Avocado: fatty, healthy, and yummy!

Also, I mix no-sugar-added applesauce to lots of stuff Brynna wouldn't like otherwise, cheese too.