Tuesday, May 20, 2008

911!

I unfortunately don't have a picture for this post but I will just have to explain it the best I can. Today Camden and I ended up doing our big chore of going to Costco. Now, I usually don't mind going to Costco except for the fact that you always end up spending a ton of money. Our Costco coupons came so I was going to take advantage of them. I usually try to plan my trips around the weather. I try not to go when it's raining ( I realize that is a little challenging in this state). We have had some great weather lately so I thought we should go today. It wasn't raining when I left my house. When I got to Issaquah it was raining buckets. I couldn't believe it. The parking lot was filling with water. I even stayed in the car for a while waiting for it to die down. Our plan was already off to a challenging start. None the less we ventured out in the rain. I got in line to get a churro and coke. The churro was to keep Camden happy the coke was for me. Camden ended up loving the churro (who knew the kid likes something that is fattening). I let him eat it slowly so it would last the entire time. I spent some of the time texting Steven asking him about certain products that I needed to buy. At some point Camden had my phone in between texts. He had it for around two minutes before I put it in my pocket. I had just sent a text to Steven when I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. Great, Steven was calling to help me figure out what to buy. The number came up "withheld" so I answered it anyway. I said "Hello" then I heard "this is 911 emergency, we just had a hang up from this phone, is there an emergency?" Oh my gosh, I can't believe in the two minutes Camden had my phone he dialed 911 then pushed send and then hung up. The kid refuses to walk but can dial 911. I quickly fessed up there was no emergency and that my son had my phone for only a couple of minutes. I got a very polite but firm lecture about how my phone is not a toy. I thanked them and told them I wouldn't let it happen again. We quickly finished our shopping trip and headed home.
I know every parent expects 911 to be called at some point I just never thought that would happen at Costco. Camden is certainly already keeping us on our toes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the smartest boy!!!

Nice to have him around in an emergency!

Nana/Janice

Emily Weaver Brown said...

so not to burst you bubble but you know that most cell phones have a built in function to call 911 if you just mash a bunch of keys for a few min. That way if you are ever in a debilitating accident and can't actually dial you can just punch the key pad a bunch of times and it will eventually call 911 by itself. Of course I think that 99.9% of the time what happened with Camden is usually the story.