Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trip to Moscow

While Jessie and Camden were in Texas, I was in Moscow, Russia for work. Boeing has an engineering facility over there, so this was a chance to have a lot of face to face meetings with the people that we work with virtually so much. It was a very exhausting week, but I got to walk around the city a lot after work. The weather was in the 60s and 70s the whole week, so it was nice being within a 15 minute walk of all the places I needed to go. I enjoyed getting to see the Kremlin, Red Square, and especially St. Basil's Cathedral (pictured). Moscow is a very clean and expensive city, and I was surprised by how European the city really is (fashion, language, religion, architecture, etc). I'm still a beginner at trying to understand the Russian language, but it was fun getting to see so many new things in a city with so much history. It was good to be home after a long week, but it did take me several days to adjust to the 11 hour time change.

No comments: